Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

HELP! I can't stop eating

We are surrounded by good food, and my co-workers are shameless enablers.
This morning Momo brought pastries--I chose an almond croissant.
A little later I looked over at Momo's desk and he was surrounded by women. I had to call some of them back to get the photo. Momo claims it is only because he brought pastries, but I'm not buying it.
Momo et les dames









 A little later (again), Franck came in and announced that he had baked pear cake last night, and I should have a piece. How do you say 'no' to these things and seem rude? I just can't risk insulting my colleagues.
Franck's Pear Cake












Wayne met us for lunch again, this time we went to a cafe for crepes, and they were very good. I had ham, cheese, and egg, then I probably shouldn't have, but I got a dessert crepe, too: coconut and Nutella.
















One of things I love most about spending time with my co-workers and friends over here are the great discussions we have about cultural differences, places we've traveled, even language differences.
Apparently Wayne looks very French--he's had people come up to him for directions, speaking French. Even when he tells them he doesn't understand, they keep going. I told him he needs to get and American flag hat--that'll fix it.
I won't be seen with him, but no one will mistake for French.


Tonight we're staying in and having smoked salmon, baguette and cheese for dinner. We might have salad later, but then again, we might have cookies. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment