Follow by Email

About Me

My photo
Software techie and professional seamstress.

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Where has the time gone?

Tomorrow will be my last day in the London office, and Saturday I take the EuroStar to Paris.

I haven't only worked this week, though:

Tuesday after work Manuela and I went to Cine Lumiere to see Suite Francaise, and get some dinner afterwards. We were in South Kensington, so plenty of options for good food, and Manuela knew a place around the corner from the Tube, Muriel's Kitchen.
I had meat lasagna and she had something called "Tortilla".
Muriel's Kitchen









Wednesday we had a team lunch at an Italian spot right across from the office. Pasta Pomodoro and Sicilian Lemonade for me:






After work I headed back to the flat and then walked back to Chinatown to try a restaurant the owners of my flat recommended, Y Ming (should have done that in the first place).
This time the food was really good. I had the leftovers for dinner tonight.
Victorian details of the building


One of the small streets/passageways close to the flat
 Today I ran out at lunch to get ake-away from EAT, and the Farmers Market was set up. I got two small desserts to share, Pistachio cake and Chocolate Torte with Salted Caramel. They were as tasty as they look.

After work I dropped off my laptop at the flat and grabbed my knitting. I still wasn't decided if I would stay, but I definitely wanted to visit Loop near Angel tube station. They have great yarns, but when I headed upstairs to check out more, the group sitting around knitting and laughing were too enticing, so I took a seat. This was my very first knit night anywhere, and it was a blast. I left with yarn for two more pairs of socks and quite a few new rows on the pair I'm currently knitting.

Time to wrap things up and get some sleep.

Juliette

No comments:

Post a Comment