Search This Blog

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Things have s l o w e d d o w n a b i t . . .

Mom arrived safe and sound yesterday. After a very nice and chatty taxi ride (the driver seemed to really want me to speak French and gave me some tips and information about taxis in Paris) and dropping off her luggage at the apartment, we went for a walk which wiped her out. After a nap, it was time to meet Momo and Linda near the Pompidou for dinner at a Moroccan restaurant. Dinner was great, and Mom had a great time, I only wish I had felt better rather than ended up congested and hacking with whatever crud had latched on to me.
Probably just as well that I'm under the weather since if I was moving at my usual speed, Mom would have already collapsed.

Today we managed 2 museums:
Musee Nissim de Camondo
and Musee des Arts et Metiers

The beautiful park we walked through on
our way to the first museum



Read the black print under "SCAM" 
In the front courtyard


The roasting oven in the kitchen
Our lunch at a cafe before the second museum


sewing machine in Arts et Metiers

and another one...

really, a lot of cool ones..
some are just adorable


some don't even look like one


and some seem to be really specialized

okay, now that looks familiar


Mom's first Paris croissant

An amazing brie from Emilie--one of my Paris co-workers

and great wine from Farid and Husyein

No comments:

Post a Comment