Search This Blog

Monday, April 13, 2015

Now where were we?


 I forgot to post yesterday--no real excuses, just didn't get around to it. (sorry)
I started yesterday(Sunday) heading to Spitalfields Market. I was especially interested in seeing this part of London since my mother's family lived here in the 1800's to early 1900's. Of course, there's very little left from that time period. What the Victorians didn't demolish in the name of progress, was taken care of during WWII.  I did take some photos of buildings that may have stood when my ancestors lived their (probably really hard) lives here.


















After hitting Spitalfields and Petticoat Lane markets, I head back toward central London and got lunch behind St. Martin in the Fields (from years of listening to classical music on public radio this is a familiar name).




The National Gallery was my next stop, and totally worth it. So many painting with excellent portrayals of fabric. (I apologize for my non-fiber-geek friends). It is also fun to see one of the many portraits we studied in costume history in person.

Today I was in the London office, so not much to report. After work I headed down to Chinatown to get some take away. Everything fit on 3 streets, and most of the businesses were restaurants. The food was okay, but not great. I'll be eating lunch with the team tomorrow, so dinner might be a salad from Pret again.

Juliette

No comments:

Post a Comment