Search This Blog

Monday, April 8, 2013

Life as a working stiff...


Today was my first day in the London office. I took the Tube—only 2 stops! It was so nice to finally meet in person the folks that I’ve gotten to know over the phone, email and Skype. Even better is that I was able to work on a couple of issues thanks for my database skills and access.

Manuela and I ran out to grab something to bring back to the office for lunch. We also stopped in Hotel Chocolat and picked up some “Eton Mess”. Very tasty little truffle: “A cult British dessert featuring tangy strawberry, crisp meringue pieces and creamy white chocolate.”

I had big plans to make chicken curry tonight, but headed in the wrong direction and ended up in Highgate at Marks & Spencer. I got everything I needed except fish sauce. I figured out where the market I went to on Saturday is, but my knee is hurting today, so I picked up a sandwich at Pret-a-Manger and headed back to the apartment.

Tomorrow we’ll go for a team lunch at a Spanish restaurant and on Wednesday I’ll have “Indian food with Indians”. Apparently the Europeans on the team don’t eat spicy food, but I really want to have Indian food here in London since I hear it is good. We do have one or two decent Indian in Austin, but I am hoping for a better class of curry here.

I tried to get some photos of the view from the office, but they all came out white, so I will try again tomorrow.

Juliette

No comments:

Post a Comment