Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

What are you eating???

I realize that I've been mostly posting food photos on Facebook and everything else here. So, I need to get some of those photos over here since the food has been fantastic.

Here are some of my meals from the past few days:

My first meal here in Edinburgh was lunch at The Witchery. I thought it might be touristy, but it a very nice restaurant in a 16th century building.  I decided that this would be the perfect place to try haggis, and I wasn't disappointed at all.  The service was excellent, but relaxed, and everything was fresh. Even the Tart Tatin was made fresh with a puff pastry crust.
Beets 3 ways.
Tart Tatin with Clotted Cream

Haggis, neeps and tatties.


Nero D'avola. Always a good choice.
That same night I decided to have dinner at a place near the flat since I was tired from traveling and wandering around London the day before.
I sent to La Piazza, planning on having pizza, but once I saw the specials, my plans changed.
Tomato, mozzarella, onion and argula salad

Scallop and prawn ravioli with mussels and tomatoes.

Tiramisu


Posh dog (with grilled onions) and chunky chips
 
The next day I grabbed lunch at a pub across from the Real Mary King's Close. I got an ale that's made right here in Edinburgh to go with my Posh Dog and chips.


After that tour, I did some shopping, visited the Museum of Childhood, then grabbed an afternoon snack in the Story-telling Center before visiting John Knox House.
Cappuccino and orange/almond cake
 




My final meal of the day was Fish & Chips from a real chippy shop after I was told the fish & chips I got the day before weren't "proper". He was right, these were MUCH better.  Gorgie Fish Bar

Fish supper from a proper chippy
 
Cullen Skink--so much better than it sounds
I started today with yogurt and toast with coffee in the apartment, then headed to Gladstone Land on Royal Mile. After that tour, I headed to National Scottish Museum and then stopped for lunch at a place I found when wandering around yesterday. Howies ended up being an excellent choice.
The sign in the ladies' loo.

Elderflower Gin Fizz
Salmon with Spinach, Potatoes, Turnips and Crispy Capers


Sticky Toffee Pudding

No comments:

Post a Comment