Follow by Email

About Me

My photo
Software techie and professional seamstress.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

More museums, boring...

...maybe to some people, but not me.

My first stop was Gladstone's Land, a house that spans 3 centuries starting in the 1500s.

Our guide in the 1700s room
The main room of Gladstone Land

Bedroom Ceiling


Kitchen





































From there I headed toward the National Scottish Museum, passing the Elephant House, the cafe where JK Rowling wrote the first of the Harry Potter books.

The main atrium
Here are a few photos of what I saw in the National Scottish Museum:



Grooming set


Beautiful Lace
Jacket by Elsa Schiapparelli

Fortuny pleating

There is one gallery for fashion with a nice mix of historical and modern clothing. There are pieces from Worth, Schiapparelli, and Fortuny, among others.











After lunch, I head back towards the Museum and stopped to pay homage to Greyfriars' Bobby, then to the Surgeons Hall Museum. No photos were allowed, and I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who is squeamish. But if you like medical history and specimens, I highly recommend it.





From there, I headed further down to Edinburgh Fabrics. What a treat! A small shop, but a great selection, especially of Harris Tweed. They even have some color/weaves that are exclusive to them. I bought a 3 meter piece of blue/black herringbone.

I think I'll eat in tonight--a salad, some bread and cheese. I need to eat light once in awhile...



No comments:

Post a Comment