Search This Blog

Thursday, August 24, 2017

This is fun

and scary! But mostly fun.

My mortgage loan is "gold certified" (whatever that means), I've finalized all the options. Now we wait for permits. I've been told we should break ground in 2-3 weeks now.
Today I received a few things I ordered from the UK.
Pulls for the kitchen
 I fell in love with these bin pulls as soon as I saw them. I bought enough to put on all the cabinet doors and drawers. They are darker than they appear in this image, but I still they are going to look great.
Railway signs
Since my first visit to Europe, I've wanted a "toilet" sign. Not just because it's cool, but it is practical. How many times have you had to give directions to your bathroom to guests. This takes all the guesswork out of it.
I also got the Laundry sign since a) I'll have a laundry room and b) it looks cool.
I had to get this sign for so many reasons. The main is that I, like most people, detest anyone coming to my door trying to sell something, especially religion. The funny thing is, I used to be one of those people. I was a kid and didn't have a choice, but still--we knocked on doors, spreading "the word" in an effort to save all those poor people who hadn't figured out that we had all the answers. I'm cured of that now...

I love the wording of this sign. I just hope anyone who thinks about knocking on my door to sell me something understands it. And sods off. ;)

Being the over zealous person that I am, I already have projects plan for after I move in. The first set will be installing a water softener, ceiling fans and cabinet pulls. Next up will probably be painting.
I've already got swatches. At some point I'll add board and batten and crown molding, and hopefully some cool craftsman-style borders.

and that is just the beginning...

Have a fantastic day!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment