Search This Blog

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Why?

No one has asked me this yet, but I figure someone might be wondering why I chose to buy a newly built house over one I could buy much cheaper and renovate. I thought about, it since my ex and I did that twice and then built our own place here in Texas, with our own hands and the help of two fantastic guys from Guatemala, Oscar and Eddy.

Here's the list of features that won me over:
whole-house blown-in insulation and the option to upgrade ceiling insulation to R42
Double-glazed, UV tinted windows
9' ceilings throughout
Externally vented exhaust fan in kitchen
HVAC equipment located at side front of house, away from all living spaces
option to add outlets during build process(I'll add counter-height outlets in the den and secondary bedrooms)
covered patio (as in, under the roofline) I've really enjoyed the covered patio here at the apartment, and more importantly, so has Gabby.

On a more practical level, I'm much older now and though doing work on a house myself would be good exercise, I've decided I'm better off letting professionals build my house and I'll focus on building my technicals skills and expanding my sewing business again. I'll focus on custom bridal and alterations and teaching. I should have plenty of space for a couple of students in the new house, and a much better office space.

No comments:

Post a Comment