Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Holy Sh** This is Actually Happening

My sales guy said I should hear about permits by the 8th, but I was ready for things to be delayed after all the damage and mess in the Houston area. That, and buying a house just a couple of weeks after deciding it was the right thing to do was starting feel a bit dream-like.

So when I got a text from Brandon (previously mentioned "sales guy") with this photo, my gut reaction was "oh crap. this is really going to happen." Yes, I'm more than a little freaked out at having a mortgage all on my own, but if I let fear keep me from doing things, I'd have a very different (and not anywhere near as fun) life.
So after work, I drove up to check things out and to see what my commute will be like. Without traffic, it is quick (less than 15 min), and easy--two toll roads and just 2 traffic lights.
I'll meet with the project manager, Casey, on Monday for the "pre-construction orientation".
My new back garden.

The rest of the back garden. Not much, but big enough.
Me in the future "Great Room"



From the curb (or kerb, for my UK friends)

From the front door

No comments:

Post a Comment