Search This Blog

Monday, September 11, 2017

Thank Goodness I Like the Guy

I had my first appointment this morning with Casey, the project manager for my new house.
He seemed like a regular sort of guy, which is just what I was hoping for. Too slick means he doesn't actually do any of the work (and probably never has). Too rough--maybe he'll trash the place if you piss him off?
This guy struck me as someone who works hard and takes pride in doing a good job.  I told him my experience with rennovations and home-building and made it clear that I understand what it takes to build a house, and that I am very clear on what I am getting in a "production build".

He explained the post-tension slab foundation (which I was curious about), how they will handle things like cracked/weak studs (reinforce with additional boards) and the general timing of things. He seemed confident that I'll be moving in January. (!!!)

I stopped to get a photo, though things may change. When I left Casey was waiting to hear back if the forms needed to be moved. Apparently the plans used to set them were an inch off. He estimates the slab will be poured by the end of the month in any case.

No comments:

Post a Comment