Search This Blog

Monday, October 1, 2012

Home again, home again, Jiggity Jig!

I arrived back home a few hours ago, and though I am happy to be back with my hubby and fur babies, I had a really wonderful time in Novi, MI.
This year was an experiment for ASDP, and though there were definitely some bumps and drama, there were definitely advantages for our group to mingle with vendors and attendees at the American Sewing Expo.

Mechiel Whitmore, Kathy Levy,
Claire Shaeffer and me!
Some highlights: 2 day master class with Claire Shaeffer on techniques for Chanel-inspired jackets (as well as a great piece of fabric that she brought back from Linton Tweeds--lower right)

Fabric shopping at Haberman Fabrics (Nanette Lepore open work wool plaid--upper right)


2 workshops with Kenneth King on couture techniques.


GORGEOUS French boucle that Mom bought me as a birthday present from Helen Haughey at Mendel-Goldberg.








Having 3 outfits in the fashion show, 2 that were finalists in the "Innovative Lace" Challenge with Threads Magazine.
My very good friend Kathy Levy WINNING "Most Innovative Technique" in that challenge.

Seeing friends from ASDP and PatternReview.com.

Jennifer Stern, J. Stern Designs
Brenda Breitenmoser
Rae Cumbie, Fit For Art Patterns

Angela Wolf, Angela Wolf Pattern Collection
Finally meeting Angela Wolf in person after being friends on Facebook for a couple of years, and attending her excellent lecture on jean techniques (my construction methods will change dramatically thanks to her!)
Keep an eye out for my review of her Ruched T pattern.
I can't wait for her jeans pattern to come out!














And that's just a preview. More details and photos to come soon!

Happy Sewing,
Juliette

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a good time! Conference is always worth it, but combined with Novi??? Wow. Your fabrics look great!

    ReplyDelete