Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

You can't have enough (presser) feet


Last Saturday I had my first lesson at the dealer. I thought I had already learned quite a bit about the machine, but there is so much more to it. As I suspected (feared) I was offered a 15% discount on anything I bought that day. I picked up the roller foot (for leather), a cording foot, and an edge-stitching foot. I was happy I had purchased the roller foot, since my husband had asked me to repair a vintage guitar strap. Thanks to a friend in California, I have piles of leather samples of all sorts of colors and had just the right color/thickness to reinforce the tab.
I also used the edge stitch foot for a new purse I made for myself. I copied the purse from one I bought in Montreal last year, and the embroidery is a free design from Urban Threads.

No comments:

Post a Comment